SimilarWeb is one of the competitive intelligence tool which helps to increase traffic along with marketing insights for any website. With the help of this tool, users can very easily overview the site’s reach with ranking and most important user engagement on the site.
There will no problem in finding the data as users only require to enter the URL of a particular website or by entering the category by industry or country and list of top 50 websites will be displayed.
It alters raw data into engaging website metrics like traffic sources, social traffic, organic versus paid search, related sites and many more. The default view of this tool presents website traffic for the past six months and it displays the result globally, US with category rank and snapshots of audience breakdowns by traffic sources.
What SimilarWeb offers
- It creates a standard against your competitors and industry
- Disclose your competition’s online plan
- Determine new opportunities like partners, leads or affiliates
- Recognize developing trends with new players
- Realize the determined of consumer and journey
SimilarWeb Features in Details
With SimilarWeb, you can use the website comparison feature to compare up to one competitor and is very easy to use
The tool SimilarWeb allows you to view the numbers for the last 6 months
SimilarWeb allow access to website rankings. You can see how a website ranks nationally, globally and by category.
In terms of engagement metric, SimilarWeb give you stats about bounce rate, time on site and page views.
When identifying traffic sources, SimilarWeb will allow access to information leading back to three months.
SimilarWeb Pros and Cons
- Global data for users outside the US.
- It has rich free version
- Excellent user interface.
- Displays a comprehensive and useful general overview
- Large scale of data, including: visits, traffic sources, audience metrics, search data, social media, geo distribution, mobile apps, and more.
- It provides organic keywords
- Has the ability to export reports (only in PDF in free version).
- The estimate of traffic are set to full months only and this is not possible to set specific date ranges (in free version).
- It has approximations only desktop traffic without mobile and tablets.
- Number of unique visitors is not available
- Traffic estimates should be treated carefully, especially with smaller websites.
Why Should I use SimilarWeb?
If you want to know about your competitors what they are doing and how they are reaching their goals in less time, then obviously you have to do some extra work which can turn your way to make benefits and your website can rank high.
So in my opinion, if I want my website to rank high and have a high competition in the market then surely I would go for SimilarWeb tool. This is because it provides exact data with information on business what actually our competitors are doing.
It is a search engine tool which gathers every essential information on traffic, SEO keywords, engagement and targeting especially the competitors, hence providing a complete information on what you are going to do and how you can gain a standard in the market.
This is very important when you want to make the profit in your industry and you don’t have anything how to do that. So it is important to have an SEO tool which offers high-quality data on competitors.
Whatever information it provides helps you not only to improve your website but also helps how to move forward and beyond what others are doing. This is a complete help for anyone who wants to start their business without any loss.
- Moz Local
- Raven Tools
- Conductor Searchlight
Well, all in whole if you are an owner of a website and want to gain profit without any hard work then SimilarWeb is one of the best tool which can provide users with a lot of benefits with competitive intelligence on the industry.
It helps users to learn what actually their competitors are doing, target their performance and helps to get a good business landscape.
However it requires only proper measurements that is based on traffic size and conversion rate and for this, users have to be attentive to the data estimates provided by SimilarWeb and at the same time also should decide whether the data provided is making any sense or not from Google analytics.
Well if you have any interest on measuring the worldwide traffic then SimilarWeb may be one of the best choices. In fact when times comes to evaluate the percentage of the breakdown of traffic sources then SimilarWeb brings almost accurate approximation.