Constant Contact is the perfect email marketing solution, which fits all the criteria of a small business owner at affordable plans. It was founded as “Roving Software” in 1995 while setting a shop in an overcrowded attic in Brookline, Massachusetts.
At that time email was just seen as a way of online computation. But the founder saw it as a valuable marketing tool which will help small business to grow against the big business.
And today, Constant Contact is the largest email marketing platform that offers everything a small business needs to grow online. It provides various templates and let you edit text and images so that you can quickly create your own brand email or newsletter. Importing your own HTML-coded newsletters is bit more difficult.
This email marketing software allows businesses to import customer data from spreadsheets or other email clients like Gmail and Microsoft Outlook. Users can personalize their email sign-up forms and embed them on web pages or Facebook to capture new contacts and build up their email lists.
This application provides hundreds of customizable email templates with other real-time reporting features to track opened email, clicks, forward, social shares and more.
Constant Contact provides both online and in-person seminars and training to help small businesses grow their business.
What Constant Contact Offers?
Constant Contact covers every possibility and requirement for email marketing:
- Email Campaign Creation
- Email Data Management
- Autoresponders& Deliverability
- Tracking Your Success Rate: Analytics
- Social Media Integrations
Take a closer look at the awesome Constant Contact features:
Constant Contact Features
Constant Contact provides the variety of basic features and more through its Plus Campaigns:
It includes WYSIWYG drag-and-drop editor. It provides 65 preset templates or user can design their own code. It even supports basic photo editing as well as have hundreds of stock images which can be used or modified for free.
Plus Campaigns contains the support for events with online surveys, online registration, Facebook offers and local deals, promotions, and trackable coupons. It even includes landing page creation and end-to-end reporting.
List Growth Tools
It offers web and social media sign-up forms which help you to grow your contact list through legitimate, opt-in means. You can even create a scan-to-join QR code to add it to the printed materials like fliers or use Text-to-Join feature so that viewers can join your list with a single text.
Analytics and Reports
Users have an access to basic reports including raw and percentage data for clicks, opens, bounces, spam reports, and unsubscribes.
It includes list segment so that you can segment your lists (for example by interests, past purchases, or location) to direct custom-made content to each segment.
Autoresponders let users engage with their subscribers one-by-one by sending automated new subscriber emails, purchase follow-ups, birthday messages, and much more.
Constant Contact Pros & Cons
- Good deliverability rates.
- Email Plus plans include other useful features
- Android and iPhone apps to manage your email campaigns.
- Mobile preview is available
- No fancy sign up form templates.
- Price plans are more expensive than other competitors.
- No inbox checker feature.
- RSS to Email not available
- Spell check and spam check are not available
Why Should I use Constant Contact and no other Autoresponder?
Constant Contact provides you amazing features which you won’t find in standard email systems.
- With this email marketing system, you can create great looking emails. It provides professional HTML templates to create great looking emails.
- It doesn’t need any Technical Skill or Support.
- Constant Contact let you measure the response of your email campaign.
- Get Higher Email Deliverability above 97% of the emails on client’s inbox.
- Constant Contact ensures that your emails are sent to your subscribers in the correct format.
- It hosts your email list and automatically performs critical list management functions.
I had a mixed feeling about Constant Contact. It is nice to see that an email marketing company is making such an effort to make their email marketing service user-friendly for small business owners at a fair price. Its Plus Campaigns sound great, as it offers other amazing features as compared to the standard plans.
If you want an easy-to-use email marketing program with a lot of features then you need to go with Constant Contact’s Plus Campaigns.